Exhibit and Sponsorship Terms, Conditions, and Regulations
WCIO Annual Conference 2017
June 8 – June 11, 2017
Seaport Boston Hotel & World Trade Center
Please read carefully before signing the Contract for Exhibit Space and/or Sponsorship. Your signature on the Contract verifies your acceptance of WCIO regulations detailed below.
1. Assignment of Exhibit SPACE: The exhibitor agrees that the display will be confined to the area of the space reserved; and that subletting or showing products other than those manufactured or represented by the exhibitor is strictly prohibited.
Every effort will be made to respect any Exhibitor’s space choices when possible, but Management’s decision will be final. Management reserves the right to transfer assignment when such action is deemed to be in the best interest of the total exhibition.
2. ARRANGEMENT OF EXHIBITS: The exhibitor agrees to arrange his exhibits so as not to obstruct or interfere in any way with the general view or the view of the exhibits or other exhibitors, or the free passage of spectators. Please refer to WCIO guidelines. All exhibits must conform to the requirements of the Fire Department Board of Insurance Underwriters of the Boston, MA. The decision of WCIO as to what constitutes such obstruction or interference is final. Should show management have to physically move an exhibit, the exhibiting company will be responsible for any and all related costs to Shepard.
3. INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL OF EXHIBITS: In the event that any exhibitor fails to complete pre-show set-up and arrangement for the removal of boxes and crates by 8:00 am on the day the show opens, WCIO reserves the right to remove, at the exhibitor’s expense and risk, all such exhibits and materials pertaining thereto from the space allotted to such exhibitor and cancel this contract. In such an event, WCIO shall retain the amount paid by such exhibitor as space rental and for liquidated damages covering expenses paid by WCIO and the loss of rental from other exhibitors.
All post-show exhibits not removed by Saturday, June 10 at 7:00 p.m. may be removed by WCIO or the Seaport Boston Hotel & World Trade Center Boston at the express risk and expense of the exhibitor.
5. ATTENDANCE AND CONDUCT DURING EDUCATIONAL SESSIONS AND EXHIBITOR MEETING:
Exhibitors will not be permitted to occupy their exhibit space during educational sessions which take place in the same meeting room as the Expo. Exhibitors may sit in the center educational space and participate in the session or leave the room entirely. During educational sessions, exhibitors are not permitted to conduct business or have any conversations unless they are part of the educational session taking place.
Each exhibiting company will send a minimum of one representative to the WCIO provider relations committee meeting/exhibitor meeting. This meeting will take place during exhibit setup hours. A specific time and location will be announced within 90 days of the event.
In the event an exhibitor does not comply with these restrictions, WCIO reserves the right to remove, at the exhibitor’s expense and risk, all exhibits and materials pertaining thereto from the space allotted to such exhibitor and cancel this contract. In such an event, WCIO shall retain the amount paid by such exhibitor.
6. CARE OF SPACE: The exhibitor agrees not to deface, injure or mar the exhibition hall/meeting room(s) of the Seaport Boston Hotel & World Trade Center Boston or any of the furniture or fixtures contained therein, and/or any of the property of whatever nature placed therein by WCIO, and the exhibitor shall be liable to the Seaport Boston Hotel & World Trade Center Boston and/or WCIO for any damage resulting to such exhibition hall and/or furniture and fixtures contained therein and/or such property placed therein by WCIO which shall occur by reason of the commissions or omissions of any exhibitor and/or his agents or employees, and the exhibitor shall defend and save harmless WCIO from all claims and suits against said organization arising from the aforesaid commissions or omissions of the exhibitor, his agents, or employees. All materials used by exhibitors must conform to the requirements of the Fire Department Board of Insurance Underwriters of Boston, MA.
7. Observance of Laws: Exhibitor shall abide by and observe all laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances of any applicable government authority and all rules of exhibit site.
8. UNION LABOR: Exhibitor must comply with all union regulations applicable to setup, dismantling, and display of exhibits where applicable.
9. LIABILITY/SECURITY: All exhibits and respective contents are at the exhibitor’s risk. WCIO assumes no responsibility for the safety of the personnel and property of exhibitors or the personal property of their officers, agents, servants or employees. Any exhibitor wishing to insure his personnel or goods against injury, theft, damage by fire, accident or other cause, must do so at his own expense. Reliable security guards will be provided at night to guard the exhibit hall beginning June 8, 2017, and continuing through each night until the morning of June 11, 2017. For one hour before the public is admitted each morning, and for one hour after the hall is closed to the public, exhibitor representatives with proper credentials will be permitted on the floor for chores they see fit to perform.
The exhibitor assumes entire responsibility and hereby agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and save harmless WCIO, the Seaport Boston Hotel & World Trade Center Boston, its owner and operator and their affiliated and subsidiary companies and their respective partners, directors, officers and employees and agents (the “Indemnities”) against all claims, losses or damages to persons or property, governmental charges or fines and attorney’s fees arising out of cause by the exhibition’s installation, removal, maintenance or occupancy or use of the exhibition premises or part thereof, excluding any liability caused by the sole negligence of the Indemnities.
In addition, the exhibitor acknowledges that WCIO, and the Seaport Boston Hotel & World Trade Center Boston, its owner and operator, and any of the other indemnities do not maintain insurance covering exhibitor’s property and that it is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to maintain business interruption insurance and property damage insurance covering such losses by exhibitor. Exhibitors may also hire private security to guard their booth. Children 16 years of age or under are not permitted on the show floor.
10. CONDUCT AND RESTRICTIONS: WCIO reserves the right to restrict all exhibits which, because of sound, odor, food, drink or other objectionable features, interfere with the orderly procedure of the exhibition; also to prohibit any display or procedure which in its judgment runs counter to the general character of the exhibition. Therapeutic products, or products of a therapeutic nature, which do not meet the ethical standards of the dental profession will not be accepted for display.
The solicitation of customers in the aisles will serve as grounds for expulsion from the exhibition. Exhibitors will conduct their business from the confines of the booths they have rented.
Exhibitors may not presume the role of host at the WCIO event. Potential customers or personal friends may be invited on condition that such invited persons comply with the regulations applicable to all other registrants at the WCIO event. Revenue lost from violation of this rule will be recovered from the transgressing exhibitor who accepts the decision of WCIO in the event of a dispute between the “invitee’’ and the exhibitor.
Exhibitors may host no function in conjunction with WCIO event without the written consent of WCIO, which shall not be unreasonably withheld.
The exhibitor shall, during the meeting, use for exhibit, display or related purposes, only the space which has been contracted.
Exhibitors sponsoring prize drawings in conjunction with the meeting must prominently display any limitations on registering for or accepting the prize.
The rights reserved in this section apply as well to the conduct of agents and employees of the exhibitor and any property used by such exhibitors in the installation and operation of exhibits.
The decision of WCIO as to what acts constitute a breach of the above conditions shall be final, and any exhibitor shall be subject to eviction without refund if he is judged to be in violation of the aforementioned conditions.
9. LIABILITY: WCIO shall not be liable for any damages in the event that performance of this contract is rendered impossible for any of the following causes: destruction of the Seaport Boston Hotel & World Trade Center Boston or any substantial portion thereof, by fire, earthquake, the elements, or a public enemy; strikes or other public disorder; terrorism; impossibility of performance created by law or any public authority; and/or for any cause beyond its control or the control of the Seaport Boston Hotel & World Trade Center Boston. WCIO will, however, in the event of its not being able to hold the exhibition for any of the reasons set forth above, reimburse exhibitors pro rata on the amount of rental paid by each exhibitor as follows: total rentals paid by all exhibitors, less expenses incurred by the Society in constructing and installing the exhibits, shall be refunded to the exhibitors in the ration of their rental payments prorated by the number of days the exhibits fail to proceed as scheduled.
11. CANCELLATION: Cancellation or reduction of booth space and/or sponsorships must be directed in writing to: WCIO Exhibits, 2025 M Street, NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds requested prior to or on Thursday, March 30, 2017, are subject to a 25% fee on cancellations or reduction in booth space and/or sponsorships. All Sales are Final and no refunds will be given for cancellations or reductions on or after Friday, March 31, 2017. In the event of a cancellation of the exhibition due to fire, strikes, government regulations or other causes beyond WCIO’s control, WCIO shall not be held liable for failure to hold the WCIO Annual Convention as scheduled and WCIO shall determine the amount of the exhibit fees to be refunded, if any.
12. PAYMENT: If any remaining balance of the full remittance of the booth(s) or sponsorship engaged by the exhibitor/sponsor has not been received by WCIO 90 days prior to the event, WCIO reserves the right to cancel this contract without liability. In such event, WCIO shall retain the amount paid by such exhibitor as a forfeited deposit. Any exhibitor with a remaining balance on the first day of the event will not be allowed to set up until full payment has been remitted in the form of certified check or money order.
13. INTERPRETATIONS OF ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS: Above stated conditions are considered a part of this contract. WCIO reserves the right to interpret them as well as make decisions on all points the rules and regulations do not cover. Decisions of WCIO are final.